CAUSE MARKETING EXAMPLES & RESOURCES
- One example of cause-marketing would be the partnership of Yoplait's "Save Lids to Save Lives" campaign in support of the Susan G. Komen for the Cure. The company packages specific products with a pink lid that consumers turn in, and in turn Yoplait donates 10 cents for each lid.
- An example of a nonprofit certification of a product (business) includes the American Heart Association's stamp of approval on Cheerios, the popular breakfast cereal. The American Heart food certification program grants use of its "Heart Check" icon and name to dozens of cereals and juices meaning that that product meets the Associations' low-fat, low- cholesterol standards.
- Singapore Airlines launched a cause marketing campaign attracting over 35 million unique visitors across 23 countries to bring awareness to Doctors Without Borders. With the launch of the world's first A380, Singapore Airlines—with the assistance of Vonality Inc—launched an online auction for all seats on the historic first flight all in support of charity.
- Product Red is an example of one the largest cause-related marketing campaigns to date given the number of companies and organizations involved as participants as well as its reach worldwide. It is also an example of a cause marketing campaign that is also a brand on its own. Product Red was created to support The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis & Malaria (aka "The Global Fund") and includes companies such as Apple Computer, Motorola, Giorgio Armani, and The Gap as participants.
- Since 1998 the UK based AquAid Water Coolers has been donating 5.5% of turnover to supply clean drinking water to people in Africa via the two charities Christian Aid and Pump Aid. To date they have donated more than £5,000,000 and their business success has led to a number of their competitors setting up other schemes to bring water to people in the Third World
- Wally Amos - AEI Speakers Bureau
- Passionately Pink for the Cure
- Background on the Cause Marketing Movement
- Recession Affects Sponsorship Spending
- Civic-Minded Millennials Prepared to Reward or Punish Companies Based on Commitment to Social Causes
- IEG's Guide to Corporate / Nonprofit Relationships